Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Worst. Job. Ever.



A couple weeks ago we took Soren and some of his friends to Kid's Lands for Soren's 8th birthday party. The best part of the day was watching this poor chap get mobbed by rabid children. You can hear me at the end of the video yelling "Kill him... Kill it." Yeah, I might have gotten carried away a little, but man, that was good watchin'.

when I first witnessed this mauling, I immediately said to my wife, "That's what I feel like every day!" I'm the only non-Korean most days, and little children often react to me as if I'm a zoo creature. Staring. Pointing. "엄마, 외국인!" (mommy, foreigner!), an occasional poke, whispers to friends. You get the picture. Overall, no pain inflicted... except the bottomless pit in my heart knowning that I'll never truly belong (key violin). If I'm in a good mood, I'll give them a nice "hello, what's your name?" At times I've been known to make sudden odd faces at the children just to mess with them. Most laugh but some of the younger ones scream and run away. That's always fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Priceless!

I just stumbled across your blog and I find it fascinating!

Keep it up! :)